Wednesday, March 31, 2010

climbing over surfaces down under

I think I have finally connected with a sport that fits me here in melbourne..rockclimbing! I have been to the Hardrock climbing gym once a week since I have been in Melbourne. It is fantastic! I can feel my self getting stronger as well as making some great connections with some melbourne locals. I am looking forward to Anzac day weekend (April 24-26) I am going outdoor rockclimbing and camping near the Arapiles with Les Rock!


I never thought I would get into rock climbing- I guess when you travel you discover new things you never would have connected with elsewhere. I like rock climbing because you have to move your body and muscles in ways that you wouldn't ever do on flat land. You have to grip, hold and almost become one with the environmental surfaces you attach yourself to. Often times the surfaces do not have the perfect grip or shape- but over time you become stronger and can adapt to the edgy surfaces so you can reach the top. Rockclimbing in a sense is like traveling to a new place- at first you slip, fall, and get lost, but the next time around you reach and discover a new stepping stone to lead you to a new space. :) And more importantly, you leave impressions and trails



No comments:

Post a Comment